COMMERCIAL TANK REMOVAL
Underground tanks are a liability, especially for commercial businesses. Many of our clients are companies that hire us to safely and professionally remove underground fuel tanks. Tank Specialists Plus has the expertise and equipment to remove up to 50,000-gallon tanks. Every tank is handled according to the latest federal and state regulations to comply with environmental standards.
What’s involved in a commercial tank removal project?
Tank Specialists Plus will call the “Dig Safe” 811 hotline in your area to make sure there are no hidden underground utility lines in the excavation area.
We will then:
- Inform the NYSDEC of tank removal prior to starting project
- Mobilize our equipment to your site
- Deliver plywood to protect the grass growing in the excavation area
- Check volume of fuel in tank
- Transfer fuel to customer’s installation or remove from site
- Blow back the fuel lines to the tank to clear them of any fuel
- Excavate to uncover the top of the tank
- Cut open and clean tank of waste fuel and sludge
- Legally dispose of drum
- Excavate to remove tank
- Coordinate town/village/NYSDEC inspector on site for approval to backfill excavation
- Bring geologist onsite to retrieve the required soil samples for NYSDEC
- Legally dispose of tank
- Rake out disturbed areas
- Prepare required closure report for NYSDEC
A tank removal or abandonment project normally takes just one day to complete.